Who We Are
Our is made up of pupils who are elected to represent the views of all pupils and to improve their school. Each year, every class from years 2-6 elect 1 representative to become a member of the School Council.
What We Do
The council meet fortnightly with a teacher to discuss a range of topics and bring forward their suggestions and those of their peers. They report back to their classes and collect further suggestions.
Aims so far this year 2023-2024
- The school council are working on improving the outside space for breaktimes and lunchtimes. They will be leading a vote in their classes where their peers will vote on the playground markings that they would like. They will also be running and promoting their own fundraising event later in the year to raise further funds for the outside space improvements.
- The school council are helping to promote the Brake 5 challenge for road safety week. They have made posters highlighting the importance of road safety and outlining what the Brake 5 Challenge is. Some of the councillors will be helping Mr White to deliver an assembly to promote this fundraiser.
- In order to increase student engagement across the school, the councillors will run school council drop-in sessions once a half term to gather ideas and suggestions from their peers. They will promote these drop-in sessions during whole school assemblies.
- The councillors also think that having school council suggestion sheets in each classroom could increase engagement so this is something that will be trialled too.
- In order to learn more about democracy and citizenship, this year the school councillors will attend City Hall to have a guided tour and learn more about parliament.