Class 6A Otters
Welcome to 6A - Otters.
Important information for you:
- PE is on a Monday afternoon with Mr Radley and a Friday afternoon with Mr Imber. Please come into school in PE kit that meets the school uniform criteria.
- Water bottles; These are especially important with the hot weather we are expecting and equally to ensure you stay hydrated throughout the day!
- Please bring a pencil case - with writing equipment i.e. blue pens/biros, pencils etc and a named dictionary/thesaurus if you have one. Friday. We will be using CPG books to help consolidate focused areas of maths and SPAG from units covered in class. These books will be ordered and given out to pupils by the end of September.
- Homework - this will be set on a Friday and due in the following
- Consent letters to walk home alone ** For safeguarding reasons, no one without consent can leave school site or go home with anyone else**
- Consent letters to have a mobile phone in school.
Should you have any questions or queries, please note that the Year 6 email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that the teacher's name is in the subject box as this inbox is shared between both Year 6 classes.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Mrs Manning and myself have put the topics we will be studying up on the webpage, so please have a look at this.
The children are to select a story of their choice and are to recreate a scene from the book in a shoebox for World Book Day. This could be from any book of their choice and they will be displayed around the school as part of our World Book Day celebrations. You can use anything you have at home to make the scene in the story but don’t write the title!
Due in: Friday 1st March
Children also are expected to learn this weeks challenge words which are in both their spelling journal and uploaded on Ed Shed.
Maths Homework 2024
Due in Friday 1st March
Children have been asked to complete the following pages from their maths teacher.
Miss Austin's maths group - Sheets given out in class
Mrs Manning's group - Sheet given out in class and page 46
We mark these together in class on Friday so please ensure they are in school!
Bringing in early before deadline day is fine as well. Remember to only do the pages set as they are inline with class learning and equally other pages will be set throughout the year once concepts have been taught and delivered in class first.